Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall into Sewing

Sew, I tried very hard to make that Vogue pattern to work, but even my husband said it was horrendous.  It didn't fit better after I adjusted the shoulders, the sleeves.  I admit, I chucked it into the trash...I hate waste but really, it was not going to work and if I held onto it, it would be calling me to finish it.  I hate not finishing a project, but oh, well.


What did work is that I have been doing some fall sewing.  I made a lovely cowled sweater.  I used Butterick 5388 and the only modification I made was to add an additional tuck in the front because the sweater knit was stretchy and the neck was too loose.  I also got busy making a lined vest and skirt. (The sweater is an RTW I scored at Marshall's last winter.  I thought it looked nice together.


To add to that sewing frenzy, today I whipped out McCall's6116, a cordoroy shirt dress.  Sorry about the blurry image, but wanted you to get the whole effect.  Sew, now I have some lovely wools to make some new trousers, and skirts that I need for work.  I can't ever find good wool pants in my price range (cheap), and that don't need much alterations, so I'm going to make my own.  I will make a muslin first to make sure they fit.

Sew, that's what I've been up to. Squirrels are busy putting away their nuts.  I'm busy squirreling away some lovely winter clothes.  Sew much better than shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment