Monday, April 29, 2013

Sew what's new?

Ok, sew, I might be a little ambitious with two posts in two days, but hey, while I'm on a roll, let's get going.  Since I last posted, I've done quite a few ambitious projects.

After my beloved child moved out, I completely redecorated his room and turned it into my sewing room.  The most expensive cost was buying a really well-made sewing table for my machine.  I also bought a desk which is used for sewing and studying since I am still taking college courses.

Here are some pictures of how it looks:







I'm using an old farmhouse pine dining table as a cutting station with a cutting board on top.  Next expense is to purchase a really nice cutting board, but the cardboard one is still doing just fine.

I made the curtains and all the pillows on the daybed.  I really love this room and it's my go to place when I need re-energizing.

I also made my first comforter.  The fabric was on sale for 1/2 price at Hancock's and I'd been eyeing it for weeks.  Sew, I convinced my spouse that this was absolutely necessary and he agreed.  See below:

So they were somewhat big projects.  Next time, we will talk clothing....See you later, sew later.

No comments:

Post a Comment