Sunday, July 17, 2011

Good Weekend of Sewing

So desapite one mishap, I feel like I had a good weekend of sewing.  My husband is buying me a new task chair so l will be more comfortble.  Anyways,the weekend started out as a disaster.   I tried to make this incredible pulllover top despite reading review of patternrewview.com that indicated it was a poorly designed pattern.  Well, turns out, it truly  is.  After three days of trying to fit the facing, I'm sad to say I gave up.  Too many patterns and fabric, not enough time to fight a pattern design. 

So now I'm working on my new winter coat, Vogue pattern 7627 which will be faux suede in brown on one side, and a curly faux fur  in black on the alternate side.  I think it will be amazing.  I would classify myself as an intermediate seamstress, but this will be my first time with faux fur.  I'm very excited to see how it turns out. I've finished the faux suede side and tomorrow will start the fur side.  Should be done by the weekend. 

Sewing is my passion.  Although until recently, I put it off because it felt selfish to sit in my room sewing when I have a family and a job.  But there this nothing wrong with watching Sex In the City and sewing for an evening's entertainment.  Until next itme,  take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment