Thursday, July 21, 2011

Knowing your sewing machine

Do you use all the feet that come with your sewing machine?  I've got some feet I've never used and took the time today to practice each foot, try all the different stitches that I'll probably never use, andI  played with the fancy pattern stitches. 

This got me thinking?  If I have all the stitches, why would I need a serger?  I've had serger envy forever, but I don't know how to use one.  I've been sewing since I was eleven and I know I'm not ready to learn something new quite yet.  But I do love my sewing machine.  It's an old Pfaff 6150 and it does so many cool things.  I brought the machine from England and have to use a step down transformer to use it here in America. 

So I'm back to my original reason for looking at the feet with my machine.  I forgot how to buttonhole.. Yes, I admit I avoid button holes at every opportunity.  But I have to make some button holes in the coat I'm making and I needed to practice before I ruin the coat. 

But I need to stop now.  I have coat sleeves to sew on and then combine the lining with the coat.  Wish me luck on the button holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment