Saturday, July 9, 2011

Starting a Blog

Never thought I'd advance to this state of writing my thoughts on a computer vs. a journal.  But life is all about the learning moments.  I hope my blog will be an interesting journey of my sewing adventures and my life events.  I have lived a life that can seem to some a contradiction in many ways.

On one hand, I am a totally devoted wife and mother.  I learned all the domestic skills and love them.   I love the simple crafts generally associated with women.  I am quite skilled at embroidery, cross stitch, crochet, and sewing.  Plus I love to cook, and bake. 

Yet, I totally believe women can be anything they want and am angered when limits are placed on women. I entered the Air Force at 19 years old as one of the first women in the Avionics field.  I served 20 years.  I've never had a traditional job.  Life might have been easier for me, but I liked the challenge.

On one hand, my job and life requires that I be a public and outgoing person.  I have to teach classes and mix with all sorts of people.  I am an essentially a shy person and so when I go to work, I actually role play what I think a person who is outgoing should be like.  But when I'm home, I like sewing, reading, and spending time with my family.  I'm not much for going out and socializing.

So you see some of my contradictions.  I just see that these are characteristics that make me interesting.  Hopefully you will see that I have some unusual points of view and thoughts to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment