Monday, July 11, 2011

LIfe Changes

So as I contemplate how to make a double breasted coat dress for my friend Sydney (who is built like a model), I search patterns on line and found an interesting Simplicity patterin 2149 which is a new fall pattern of a longer classic jacket.  It's beautiful how they made it in tweed with black braid and lace trim.  I'm thinking it would be excellent for the fall with a pair of skinny black pants. 

So my mind is filled with what to make next after my jumpsuit fiasco.  I finally tried it on today and it is way too snug.  I'm so disappointed but lesson learned.  Try on and double check the pattern size multiple times. 

I'm looking to make another summer dress from a Simplicity pattern.  

For another change in my life, today, I enrolled at the University of Central Oklahoma to finally finish my degree.  I've tutored so many people on their schooling and I'm constantly educating myself by reading history and biography.  I am a smart intellligent person and I need the paper to say so.  I've enrolled in the Reach Higher program which allows me to finish my degree on a quicker pace and uses my work experience and knowledge and gives credit for real life experiences.   The school is very nice and everyone I've met wants you to succeed.  While my job has no where higher to go, I think it makes me more marketable to have the final paper. 

So my mind is full of sewing projects and school work.  I'm so excited on these new changes in my life.  Instead of just being a bystander, I'm an active participant.

No comments:

Post a Comment